If you're looking to run a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) in your business, you know that it's essential to have an efficient IT system. But what happens when your internal IT department has a full workload that is even fuller with the demand of your LIMS? That's where TraxStar Technologies IT managed services come in. We offer various services designed to take the load off of your internal IT organization, so you can focus on what you do best and have your LIMS operate at peak efficiency.
LIMS IT Decision Makers
Purchasing a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for their test labs can be a difficult decision for IT departments. The barriers to entry are many, and the potential return on investment (ROI) is not always clear.
The IT department is often one of the primary decision-makers for purchasing a laboratory information management system (LIMS). They are responsible for ensuring that the system will integrate with the existing infrastructure and that it will be able to meet the needs of the laboratory. However, they are also facing several barriers to entry.
We will go over some of the big ones here.
Barriers To Entry for IT's
1. Security: LIMS is a critical part of any laboratory and must be kept secure from unauthorized access. This can be a challenge for IT departments, as they must ensure that the systems are safe and accessible to authorized users. IT must ensure that the LIMS is adequately secured against unauthorized access and theft. The security risks associated with storing and managing sensitive data can concern manufacturers considering a LIMS system.
2. Compatibility: LIMS can be complex, and different versions can often be incompatible. IT must ensure that the LIMS is compatible with the other software and systems used in the laboratory. The need for specific expertise to operate and maintain LIMS systems can also be a barrier to entry for some companies.
3. Reliability: LIMS are critical systems, and any downtime can significantly impact the laboratory's operations. IT needs to ensure that the LIMS is reliable and always available. The evolving nature of IT systems can create challenges for companies attempting to deploy or upgrade LIMS systems.
4. Scalability: A LIMS can often grow with the laboratory, adding new users and functionality as needed. IT must ensure that the LIMS is scalable and can accommodate future growth.
5. Time Cost: The cost of LIMS systems and their ongoing maintenance can be a barrier to entry for manufacturers or companies where departments are slammed.
New IT LIMS Services for QATrax
The companies we work with usually have their IT departments handle server upgrades and maintenance, not just stand it up.
Over the last few years, IT departments have asked us to do more, which is if they give us access to the server, we can manage the upgrades. We still need IT on the project, but it frees them up to do other tasks.
IT personnel's schedules are often full up. This can be problematic when an issue or key critical new features arises in QATrax that needs attention on the server or for any other reason, such as an upgrade to the operating systems. We can work as fast as can to provide solutions, solve problems, and create a better user experience, but sometimes we can only work as fast as your IT organization can.
Managing the server for a LIMS can be challenging and draining on IT from time to time, especially in the implementation period getting everything up and running. We also know the time and delays that can be added to this process when waiting for IT teams who have an incredibly busy schedule.
We offer a solution to manage this for you and allow us to handle your system for you rather than put the burden on IT. Sometimes on projects, we see the IT department holding things up, and we understand, which is why we are providing our IT solution management service to alleviate some of these issues organizations face when implementing or working with a LIMS.
The Solution for IT LIMS Management
TraxStar Technologies offers full or partial managed services, minimizing the need for IT on your LIMS project. With our LIMS IT management, we can take the load off of your internal IT and ensure that your LIMS system is running well. Our team of experts has the knowledge and experience necessary to manage your LIMS system.
We offer a variety of services that can help you get the most out of your LIMS system, including:
1. Around-the-clock support: We always want to make sure you are getting the most out of your LIMS system, and our team will be available to help you with any issues or problems you may have. We can provide support for all users of your LIMS system.
2. System maintenance: We not only provide you with a top-of-the-line system, but we also regularly maintain it to ensure optimal performance and keep your system running smoothly and efficiently.
3. System upgrades and enhancements: We continually work to improve our LIMS systems, and we can provide updates and improvements to keep your system up-to-date and compliant with our newest and best software. Expedite upgrades and deliveries to increase efficiency and ROI. This is especially useful with customizations that may go through multiple iterations to achieve optimal satisfaction.
4. Security: TraxStar works relentlessly to keep your data accessible to only your organization and our highly trained professionals. We will help your company improve its security, establish effective disaster response plans, and monitor your systems for signs of nefarious activities.
LIMS and IT, All In One Package
Having a closed-loop system with us, providing the tools and managing services, is the best option. It gives you complete control and the best experience as we can handle upgrades, maintenance, performance, monitoring any issues, and updating in real-time vs. the process of completely relying on the IT department's involvement. We take that burden off their back so they can keep focused on the projects they are working on without any extra work. This saves your organization the headache of assigning more work to already overstretched IT, representatives. We do this for you at a fantastic rate while making your IT organization happy.
If your IT department is feeling overloaded or facing any of the barriers to entry we mentioned, please get in touch with us.
TraxStar Technologies offers a full range of LIMS IT-managed services specific to each customer's needs that can take the load off of your internal IT and allow you to focus on other important projects.
TraxStar has spent decades working with some of the largest companies in the industry. We use this experience to make LIMS implementations seamless and secure.
Click here for more information about our IT managed services.